It is a common myth that only kids need vaccines. Not only kids but adults also need vaccinations. These vaccinations are available for ages 19 and above. Like all other vaccinations these vaccinations help:
- Prevent diseases for adults.
- The vaccinations that you would have a taken as a child would have worn away with time. Also, you might need some vaccinations based on one’s age.
- Hepatitis A is a liver infection that is contagious caused by a Hepatitis A Virus
- Hepatitis B is a liver infection caused by Hepatitis B Virus.
- Flu/Seasonal Influenza for all above the age of 6 months and is recommended once a year.
- Herpes zoster vaccine for Shingles is advised for anyone who is above 50 years or old
- TDAP (Tetanus, diphtheria, and Pertussis) for whooping cough is recommended for pregnant women during their pregnancy and for all adults once in a life time.
- Pneumococcal: Two vaccines are advised for anyone above the age of 65 and older. One or both are advised for adults younger than the age of 65 who may have specific conditions or who some tobacco.
- Chicken pox vaccine for anyone chicken pox that is contagious and is caused by varicella-zoster virus. Primarily for children under the age of 13.
- MMR vaccine protects against Measles, Mumps and rubella diseases.
- Meningococcal is advised for all the teens and pre-teens with complement component deficiency immune disorder.
Consult your health care physician at AFC Urgent Care at Warrington on the vaccinations that you need to take as an adult based on your age and health.
Adult Vaccinations are available at AFC Urgent Care Warrington. Everyone including the residents of Central Bucks located around Warrington, Warminster, Doylestown,
Horsham, Chalfont, and Hatboro can walk-in between 8:00AM – 8:00 PM on Weekdays and 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM on weekends.