Rapid COVID-19 Testing and COVID PCR Testing at AFC Urgent Care Warrington:
Rapid COVID-19 Testing
IMPORTANT: AFC Urgent Care Warrington is providing COVID-19 testing from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM or earlier if we reach our Maximum Capacity at our urgent care center and walk-in clinic. We are currently not offering appointments for Covid Testing and it is done on a first-come basis.
COVID-19 Vaccine in Warrington, PA
Receive your COVID-19 vaccine at AFC Urgent Care Warrington. Using the button above, you can pre-register your appointment today.
From there, you will need to upload a picture of your ID, insurance, and select an available appointment time. If there are no times listed, there are no appointments available.
COVID-19 Testing in Warrington, PA
AFC Urgent Care Warrington is now offering COVID-19 diagnostic swab testing and rapid testing. to provide patients who have recently exhibited symptoms of the novel coronavirus and are in need of an accurate diagnosis.
Our urgent care center is offering a rapid swab test that takes moments to perform and detects the active virus in mere minutes. Swab testing is the most effective way to get an accurate diagnosis. AFC Urgent Care Warrington offers COVID-19 testing by walk-in visit or by call.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing FAQs for Patients:
When can I get a RAPID COVID-19 test?
- A RAPID COVID-19 test is most accurate when the test is done within the first 7 days of symptom onset. A RAPID COVID-19 test done after the first 7 days is not considered to be accurate, and a RT-PCR test is recommended.
Which test is more accurate/more sensitive for COVID-19?
- According to the FDA, the RT-PCR test is the “gold standard” for COVID-19 testing today. Rapid COVID19 tests can miss 18-20% of active cases and having a negative rapid test does not necessarily mean you do not have COVID-19, especially if you have symptoms.
How fast is a RAPID COVID-19 test?
- You will recieve rapid result tests in less than 1 hour
COVID-19 Testing FAQs for Patients:
Do you do COVID 19 Testing?
- Yes: We do perform Covid-19 tests currently.
What is the turnaround time for the results?
- It is currently taking 24-48 hours to get the results in majority of the cases.
How do we get our results?
- Please do not call us for your results. Please send us a text message to our Text only number at (267) 223-9682 with your last name, date of service and Date of birth. Please give it at least 24 hours after your test to send us a message.
What kind of test do you do?
- Currently we are doing a RT-PCR test. We are not doing Rapid tests and we expect to start doing Rapid tests in few weeks.
Can the test be used for Surgery and Travel?
- Yes, the results of the test can be used for Surgery and Travel. We do partner with lot of surgery centers around the Bucks county currently. We also partner with airlines currently for travel clearances.
Do you have different procedures for Surgery and Travel?
- If you need a Covid-19 test for Pre-Travel, Pre-surgery and you are asymptomatic please park your car and proceed into our building for your testing.
Do you allow patients inside the center for Covid testing?
- Please note that we do not allow patients with possible COVID-19 symptoms, possible exposure, or a recent positive COVID-19 test into the building. If you fall into one of these categories, please see Security in the parking lot for more information regarding testing slots for that day.
Please explain the testing process?
- Upon arrival at the parking lot, please see Security about availability of testing. If there are still testing slots available that day, they will give you a number/token and add you to the testing queue. Because of long wait times, based on your position in the queue, you may be asked to go back home and await a call from AFC Staff regarding when to return to the parking lot later in the day for your test. Testing slots fill up quickly, so please ensure to arrive for testing before 8am.
What if I have a Token number for today and I am not called? Can I use the token number for the next day?
- Unfortunately, we are not able to do that. The token number that we give you is valid for the day. If we don’t call you that means that we reached our maximum capacity for the day. We give waitlist numbers just to accommodate more people if there are cancellations or if we are done sooner.
Do you need appointments for testing?
- COVID-19 testing is done on a first-come, first-serve basis. You do not need appointments and we are not able to honor appointments currently. Numbers/Tokens are distributed starting around 7:30am. If you are given a number in the morning, there are very high chances you will have your COVID-19 test done the same day.
Where do you send your test samples?
- We work with few labs to send our samples. LabCorp and Genesis are the ones that we work with primarily. We work with multiple labs because one lab is not able to fulfill our testing needs.
Can we register on LabCorp to get our results?
- Please check with our staff at the time of testing. You can register on LabCorp and get your result online if your sample is sent to LabCorp
Can we get our results mailed to us?
- Please let us know at the time of sending us a text message about your requirement to get the results emailed to you. We use our secured email Medsender to send you an email.
Do you accept insurances for Covid testing?
- Yes, we accept most insurances for Covid testing. Based on our understanding, currently there is no co-pay or con-insurances with most insurances however please check with your insurance provider for additional details. The coverage levels may vary with the insurance and the reason for your testing. (Surgery, Travel Exposure)
What if I don’t have insurance?
- We offer a $160 Self pay option for Covid testing. Additionally, if you are uninsured you may be covered by the Federal Cares Act. You would need to sing a document attesting you are uninsured. Please check with our staff before getting tested.
What documents do I need to bring for the visit?
- You would need to get your insurance card and Driver ID. For Minors please bring the Insurance card and photo ID of a Guarantor.